Free info session on this course is March 11, 2020, 6:50pm-8:45pm at 553 Queen St. West, 3rd floor. Click here to RSVP for the Free Info Session.
Description of the Course:
This is a 6-week meditation course on loving-kindness with meditation teacher Paul Baranowski.
First class on March 18, 2020 and runs through April 22, 2020.
Register for the 6 week course here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/95678122841
Authentic kindness towards others begins with kindness towards yourself. How can you give something you don’t have?
Kindness towards yourself is to advocate for your own needs, wants, and values.
You are worthy of happiness. You are worthy of compassion. You are worthy of joy. You are worthy of being seen and heard. To understand this is a practice, and can be learned.
What would life be like without the inner critic? Without the loneliness? Without the feeling of never being good enough? Without defending and qualifying yourself?
In this course, you will develop the capacity to…
- Show appreciation and affection towards others instead of judging and criticizing
- Recognize your inherent worth instead of feeling of lack or unworthiness
- Walk away from unhealthy relationships instead of struggling to preserve them
- Stand up for your deepest feelings and needs instead of waiting for a miracle to deliver you
- Forgive your mistakes instead of holding guilt and shame
- Raise your standards instead of lowering them
- Run towards self-care instead of self-destruction
- Develop mature relationships based on trust and support instead of childish relationships built on loneliness, status, or being in control.
- Get a good night’s sleep instead of staying up late night after night
What’s included in the course?
- 6 classes focused on loving-kindness, compassion, protection, joy, and equanimity
- Gentle progression of meditations to lead you from basic to more advanced forms of practice
- Interactive exercises to understand how to bring the practice to daily life
- Q&A sessions
- Take home practices
- Practical exercises for daily life
- WhatsApp group for live chat with class members and teacher
- Option for one-on-one coaching
Basic experience with mindfulness of body, thoughts, and emotions.
About the Teacher
Paul Baranowski is the founder and principal teacher of Luminous Ground, a meditation group located in the heart of Toronto. Paul has been studying and practicing Buddhism and meditation since 2004. He is an ordained member of the Order of Interbeing in the Zen tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh, and author of Interdependent Liberation. Paul has trained in the Tibetan Vajrayana tradition with teacher, executive coach and accomplished translator Ken McLeod. He is greatly inspired by the writings of Ngakpa Chogyam and David Chapman. Paul’s students benefit from his integrative teaching style which marries fundamental technique with action in daily life.
Paul was formerly an executive in the tech industry. He is an author of meditation content for the Muse app, where he was former VP of Engineering. He is a third degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. He is blissfully married to his wife Roxana and they have two small children together.
$600 // Discounted price: $450
Learn More and Sign Up Here
Limited spots available! (Limited to 15 seats)