I Am Here, In This Place (Spring 2022 Retreat)
Join us April 15-18 (Easter Long Weekend, Fri-Mon) for an all-inclusive retreat over four days!
There are currently only 10 spots left for this retreat due to the COVID-19 restriction. Sign up by Feb 28 to reserve your spot. Please confirm by emailing at email@example.com to check if a spot is available!
- Friday, April 15 – Monday, April 18 (Easter long weekend)
- Lotus Heart Centre (1hr 45min East from downtown Toronto) http://www.lotusheartcentre.ca/
- We are limiting room occupancy to 2 people (most rooms are set up for 3-4 people); there are separate beds for everyone and a separate bathroom per room.
- Children under five can stay for free, and five and older is $300. Please indicate your children’s info in the intake form if they come with you.
- Vegetarian meals prepared by vegetarian cooks
- We will try our best to arrange a carpool for everyone but we can not guarantee that you will get a ride. We will let you know in advance if you request a ride in our intake form.
- $600 for double occupancy room + Dana(suggested $200-300) for teachers
- Vaccination is not required, but you will have to provide a negative test result within 72 hours before your arrival if you are not fully vaccinated. This applies to staff at the Lotus Heart Centre as well.
The retreat will be a combination of sitting meditation, walking meditation, Dharma talks, Q&A, group sharing, mindful eating, and deep relaxation. We will practice Noble Silence during this retreat, where we refrain from speaking unless absolutely necessary.
The topic of the retreat covers the Space Element from the Five Elements system of Vajrayana Buddhism. The teachings on the Five Elements encompass our five fundamental needs and our five fundamental fears. Wisdom of the Space Element is about the agency: the deep knowing that we are significant, that we matter, our actions matter, our needs matter, and this moment matters. It matters to us. When we fall into Space Neurosis, our view is permeated with feeling unseen and unheard, leading to helplessness, anger, or despair. We will learn how to step out of the fear and into the wisdom, how to recognize our own significance, and how to see our own hearts with courage and gentleness. This gives rise to enthusiasm and the ability to include others and their needs in our decisions.
We are looking forward to practicing with you soon!
Paul & Rox