- This event has passed.
6-week Untethered Soul Course on Zoom with Laurie Arron
May 20 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until June 18, 2020
The Untethered Soul – The Journey Beyond Yourself
Wednesdays, May 13 – June 17, 2020
There is a fountain of joy inside you.
Of love. Of ecstasy.
In his NY Times bestselling book The Untethered Soul, Michael (Mickey) Singer presents a compelling explanation of why, instead of joy, we feel fear, we feel unease, we don’t feel okay. The reason is we cling to what is pleasant and avoid what is unpleasant. Every time we do that, we create internal blockages. We create so many that we are repeatedly triggered and bothered.
What can you do each day to discover the natural joy and serenity that is within you, always?
. . . learn to let go of resistance!
The thing is, letting go runs against everything we’ve been taught about how to be happy.
In this 6-week course, you will learn…
- How and why we create internal blockages
- How these blockages prevent us from enjoying life
- How they ruin our relationships
- How they stress us out
- How they cause us to be overly sensitive
- How they trigger anger, fear, loneliness and depression
- How they prevent us from appreciating the moment in front of us
- How to release your blockages and stop acting from a place of reactivity
- How to live life from your highest aspiration instead of your fear and craving
- How to keep your heart open and dwell happily in the present moment
What’s included in the course?
- 6 classes that provide a step-by-step understanding of our internal blockages and how to release them, based on the book The Untethered Soul.
- Guided meditations to learn to identify resistance in your experience and let it go
- Interactive exercises to understand how to bring the practice to daily life
- Q&A sessions
- Take home practices
- Practical exercises for daily life
- One-on-one interviews with the teacher
What’s not Included?
The book The Untethered Soul. Please purchase this yourself, in advance of the course. It is a New York Times bestseller and is available online and at bookstores everywhere. We will read the book as part of this course. Here are a few ways to get the book:
- E-Book: Google Play or Amazon.ca, etc.
- Paperback: Chapters.ca or Amazon.ca, etc.
- Audiobook: free from Toronto Public Library
Teacher: Laurie Arron
Laurie is a long-time mindfulness meditation teacher and a member of Thich Nhat Hanh’s Order of Interbeing. After reading The Untethered Soul, Laurie travelled to the Temple of the Universe in northern Florida to meet Mickey Singer in person. His stays there have given him added insight into how to practice Mickey’s teachings.
Laurie has been practicing mindfulness and meditation since 2001. He has trained with several teachers, including Ghan Chee, Joanne Friday, Joseph Goldstein, Ken McLeod, and Shinzen Young, and currently trains with Luminous Ground’s own Paul Baranowski.
Laurie was the Managing Director of the Centre for Mindfulness Studies, and was Director of Advocacy for national LGBTQ equality group Egale Canada, and Executive Director of the Green Party of Canada.
Laurie: “I’ve been teaching meditation for years, but this book and my time spent with its author, Michael Singer, have changed my life. Simply put, I have learned to release my internal blockages, and to free the love, joy and enthusiasm that are always there inside. Some call it Buddha nature, chi, shakti. It’s there. All you need to do is learn to let go of resistance. I encourage you to read the book. And if you like to learn in a more structured and communal way, I’ve created a course that includes reading the book. This allows you to ask questions, get exercises & feedback on your practice, and share with others.”
May 13 – June 17, 2020
7:00 – 9:00 pm Toronto time
Live online by Zoom video conference
$300 $150 (special first offering price)
If you can’t afford the course fee, a limited number of bursary spaces are available. Apply here.
Refunds up to 7 days before the course begins.
This course is now SOLD OUT.
If you wish to be placed on the waiting list or interest list for the next time it’s offered, please email lauriearron [at] gmail.com