6-week Untethered Soul Course on Zoom with Laurie Arron
June 10 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:45 pm on Wednesday, repeating until June 18, 2020
The Untethered Soul – The Journey Beyond Yourself
Wednesdays, May 13 – June 17, 2020
There is a fountain of joy inside you.
Of love. Of ecstasy.
In his NY Times bestselling book The Untethered Soul, Michael (Mickey) Singer presents a compelling explanation of why, instead of joy, we feel fear, we feel unease, we don’t feel okay. The reason is we cling to what is pleasant and avoid what is unpleasant. Every time we do that, we create internal blockages. We create so many that we are repeatedly triggered and bothered.
What can you do each day to discover the natural joy and serenity that is within you, always?
. . . learn to let go of resistance!
The thing is, letting go is hard. It goes against everything we’ve been taught about how to be happy.
In the 6-week course we will learn exactly how we create blockages and how to practise letting them go. As we practice, more and more we can become the person we want to be.
In this course, you will learn…
- How and why we create internal blockages
- How these blockages prevent us from enjoying life
- How they ruin our relationships
- How they stress us out
- How they cause us to be overly sensitive
- How they trigger anger, fear, loneliness and depression
- How they prevent us from appreciating the moment in front of us
- How to release your blockages and stop acting from a place of reactivity
- How to live life from your highest aspiration instead of your fear and craving
- How to keep your heart open and dwell happily in the present moment
What’s included in the course?
- 6 classes that provide a step-by-step understanding of our internal blockages and how to release them, based on the book The Untethered Soul.
- Guided meditations to learn to identify resistance in your experience and let it go
- Interactive exercises to understand how to bring the practice to daily life
- Q&A sessions
- Take home practices
- Practical exercises for daily life
What’s not Included?
The book The Untethered Soul. Please purchase this yourself, in advance of the course. It is a New York Times bestseller and is available online and at bookstores everywhere. You will be expected to read the book as part of this course.
Teacher: Laurie Arron
Laurie is a long-time mindfulness meditation teacher and a member of Thich Nhat Hanh’s Order of Interbeing. After reading The Untethered Soul, Laurie travelled to the Temple of the Universe in northern Florida to meet Mickey Singer in person. His stays there have given him added insight into how to practice Mickey’s teachings.
Laurie was the Managing Director of the Centre for Mindfulness Studies, and was Director of Advocacy for national LGBTQ equality group Egale Canada, and Executive Director of the Green Party of Canada.
May 13 – June 17, 2020
6:45 – 8:45 pm
Live online by Zoom video conference
$300 $150 special online price
If you can’t afford the course fee, a limited number of bursary spaces are available. Apply here.
Free Info Session: April 29, 6:45 – 8:45 pm. Please RSVP here.
For more info: email lauriearron [at] gmail.com